Nashville pet owners, do you wonder, “How old is my pet in human years?”
As your pet ages – their veterinary healthcare needs become greater. Nippers Corner Pet Medical Center recommends an exam every six months after your pet reaches age 7 in order to ensure your older pet is happy, healthy and pain-free since pets age at a faster rate than humans.
Good senior pet care involves an active discussion on:
- Diet and weight management
- Joint health – ask us about pet laser therapy!
- Cancer screening
- Heart disease screening
- Dental care
- Diabetes screening
- Function of thyroid, kidneys, and liver
- Eye and vision health
- Pain management – ask us about pet laser therapy!
Regular exams and testing will allow us to determine what is normal for your pet and knowing these results help us detect any abnormalities or problems early. If diagnosed early, many conditions can be managed and lead to better outcomes for your pet and fewer treatment costs for you.
Nippers Corner Pet Medical Center has developed a comprehensive senior wellness program designed to meet the changing needs of your pet as he or she ages. Our senior pet wellness program includes:
- Complete physical exam – evaluates the heart, lungs, eyes, ears, abdomen, joints and skin
- Intestinal parasite exam – Check for worms
- Early Disease Detection Testing:
- Urinalysis – detects ph balance, crystals in urine, abnormal cells and any signs of urinary tract infection or bladder cancer
- Blood tests – evaluates liver, kidneys, thyroid levels, blood sugar levels, white blood cell count & red blood cell count and platelet count
*We may also recommend further diagnostics based on exam and test results.
Call 615-333-3655 or request an appointment online to schedule your senior pet’s appointment today!